1. Information Science Topic: The World as Gods Body
What we have instead is pure immanence.
While many thinkers, including Newton, have wondered if the Mind-Body
interaction was a useful analogy for the God-World interaction, it seems to me
that the problems are increasing in number.
http://www.counterbalance.org/agency/world-body.html - 4.6kb
2. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R.. Describing Gods Action...
and the ideas of divine immanence and
transcendence . Stoeger uses the term law in the context of both physical
processes and free human actions to mean any pattern, regularity, process, or
relationship, and its description.
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/stoeg-body.html - 5.7kb
3. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Peacocke and Polkinghorne: Comparison of...
on divine immanence , whole-part causation, and God as the ultimate boundary
condition (see Peacockes view of divine action ). Granted, Polkinghorne still
wants to speak of the ontological openness of non-linear systems,
http://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-div/peaco2-body.html - 6.1kb
4. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Peacocke and Polkinghorne Compared
wants to stress divine
immanence . The creativity of the world, of which biology is so eloquent, is for
him a sign of the divine omnipresence. And Peacocke is willing to consider a
range of metaphors for God in relation to the world (see
http://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-div/peaco1-body.html - 5.5kb
5. Ecology Topic: H. Paul Santmire's The Travail of Nature: The Ambiguous Ecolo...
motif stresses the
immanence of God as the power of life itself, which is a presence in nature,
humanity, and the rest of the cosmos . As Santmire states, the term
"ecological" in ecological motif is meant to express the
http://www.counterbalance.org/enviro/hpaul-body.html - 11.9kb
6. Divine Action Topic: Edwards, Denis. Original Sin and Saving Grace in ...
pattern for divine immanence in creation in the story of Jesus: the universe is
directed toward inclusive love for all, particularly the oppressed. As Edwards
sees it, her Christic paradigm extends Gods liberating,
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/edwar1-body.html - 8.3kb