21. General Term: Post-secular Thought
of God or the notion of the transcendent is a hallmark
of modern philosophy. Philosophical discussions of theology were determined by
secular assumptions, which resulted in the rejection of God. However, the legacy
of this project is now
http://www.counterbalance.org/gengloss/postsec-body.html - 2.6kb
22. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: A Classification of Theories of Divine A...
at which God - as a transcendent , immaterial world cause -
interacts particularly with causative factors in the material world?
i) sceptical naturalism - Willem B
Drees has surveyed the field with characteristic insight, but is
http://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-div/aclas-body.html - 7.4kb
23. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Body-of-God Theories of Divine Action
which God - as a transcendent , immaterial world cause - interacts particularly
with causative factors in the material world?
The use of the image of the
world-as-the-body-of-God is the one which makes strongest use of the analogy of
http://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-div/bodyo-body.html - 3.7kb
24. Divine Action Topic: Tracy, Thomas F. Creation, Providence, and Quantu...
of nature without appeal to transcendent
causes. On the one hand, scientific methods do not rule out divine action, and
scientific findings are not inconsistent with it. Ironically, theologians from
deists to liberals such as Schleiermacher ,
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/ythom2-body.html - 7.1kb
25. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Special Providence and Gene...
life. God is both the transcendent
source ex nihilo of the universe
as a whole, including its sheer existence at each moment and the laws of
nature, and the immanent Creator of all physical and biological complexity,
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/russe-body.html - 7.3kb
26. Divine Action Topic: Clarke, Chris. The Histories Interpretation of Qu...
of events and yet transcendent , not contained in any horizon. He uses the idea
of entrainment in quantum theory, where previous events are realized in the
present, to describe divine action as top-down entrainment,
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/clark-body.html - 7.6kb
27. Divine Action Topic: Peacocke, Arthur. Chance and Law in Irreversible ...
other than the world, its
transcendent ground of being. God is also immanent in the world, continuously
creating all that is through its inbuilt evolutionary processes. These
processes, revealed by the natural sciences, are in fact Gods
http://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/peaco-body.html - 7.8kb
28. Information Science Topic: No Thinking Necessary?
it's understanding of a transcendent
reality. A robot capable of doing this would certainly have my attention!
http://www.counterbalance.org/agency/nothi-body.html - 6.1kb