21. Maddox Bibliography Topic: V.Contemporary Engagement of the Natural Sciences...
Engagement of the Natural Sciences and Christian Theology
choose a sub-section.
A.Typological Surveys of Current Science/Theology Engagement
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/ntemp-body.html - 1.3kb
22. Maddox Bibliography Topic: G. Select Topics in Current Natural Science / Chr...
G. Select Topics in Current Natural Science / Christian Theology Dialogue
Please choose a sub-section.
1. The Status of Theology as a Science
Contributed by: Dr.
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/gsele-body.html - 1.3kb
23. Creation/Evolution Survey Topic: Survey Questions
investigation of the natural world
will provide evidence that traditional Christian theology is true:
Never 1__2__3__4__5 Always.
2 The scientific description of the natural world is
irrelevant to Christian theology: Disagree
https://www.counterbalance.org/evosurv/surve-body.html - 6.7kb
24. Intelligent Design Topic: Nature's Formational Economy
For instance, what is "extra-natural assembly" (the term is Van Till's)? It is not what is customarily meant by miracle or supernatural intervention. Miracles typically connote a violation or suspension or overriding of natural laws. To attribute a
https://www.counterbalance.org/id-wd/natur-body.html - 16.5kb
25. Divine Action Topic: Haught, John F. Darwins Gift to Theology."
out the action of God. But theology should
go beyond this to show that these concepts are open to metaphysical and
theological grounding and that a careful understanding of God renders an
evolving natural world more intelligible. Rather than a
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/haugh-body.html - 8.5kb
26. Maddox Bibliography Topic: D. Important Journals for the Current Science/The...
for the Study of Science and Theology)
Theology and Science . (Center for Theology and
the Natural Sciences )
Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science
E. Representative Recent
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/dimpo-body.html - 1.7kb
27. Maddox Bibliography Topic: b. Moving toward a Universal Mystical...
Brockelman, Paul. Cosmology and Creation: The
Spiritual Significance of Contemporary Cosmology . New York: Oxford
University Press, 1999.
Cleary, William. Prayers to an Evolutionary God .
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/bmovi-body.html - 2.5kb
28. Physics Topic: Relating Science and Theology
Relating Science and Theology
Option 1: Conflict
In our culture, most people assume that science and Theology
must either be in outright conflict or they must occupy two separate
According to the conflict model, science
https://www.counterbalance.org/physics/sr-body.html - 7.2kb
29. Maddox Bibliography Topic: B. Introductions to Current Science/Theology Enga...
, John C. Science and Theology: An
Introduction . Minneapolis, MN: Fortress, 1998.
Ratzsch, Del. Science and Its Limits: The Natural
Sciences in Christian Perspective . Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press,
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/bintr1-body.html - 4.4kb
30. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Influences on Darwin
read William Paley s Natural
Theology , and noted the amazing properties of adaptedness that living
things seemed often to possess. (However, his proposal of Natural selection was
utterly to supersede Paleys argument
from design . )
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-evo/influ-body.html - 5.3kb