Part 1: How We Got Here
In part one I take a look how scientific descriptions of the world - and
science itself - have
evolved over the years, and show the limitations of some conceptions of science,
nature, and life, found in popular writing.
- Setting the scene historically
- The scientific story so far
- The current situation: gaps in our TOEs (TOE = 'Theory of Everything')
- With gaps in TOEs, what will happen next?
- Options 1 and 2 are to defer, or ignore the gaps
- Option 3 is to innovate within science by looking into emergence and
dynamical systems theories
- Implications of this change for science
- Implications of this change for theology