About 'God, Humanity and the Cosmos' Online
Welcome to an online adaptation of God,
Humanity and the Cosmos: A Textbook in Science and Religion,
ed. by Dr. Christopher Southgate. Published by T&T
A selection of topics from the book have been grouped by area.
Please choose from the list on the right, or see 'Full Table of
Contents' to browse through all the topics in the printed book.
- In Outlines of the Debate you'll find topics
covering the various ways science and religion relate to each
- In Historical Examples of the Debate we cover
past cases of the interaction between science and religion, including
the beginnings of the debate over human origins.
- In Quantum Physics and Theology you can learn
about how current physics theory describes a universe that's
far less mechanical than once thought.
- In Big Bang Cosmology and Theology you'll learn
about what may have happened 'in the beginning...'
- In Evolutionary Biology and Theology are topics
on the ongoing debate over evolution.
- In A Test Case - Divine Action we see how scientific
descriptions fare when religion talks of God's action in the
- In Reductionism and Theology we investigate
the 'reductionist view' - that we're nothing but atoms
For information on how to obtain the full book, click on the
To return to this page, click on the image of the book, or
the 'Book Index' link.
Online adaptation by Dr.
Christopher Southgate and Counterbalance