Displaying results 11 - 16 of 16 matches (0.05 seconds)
11. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R., S.J. The Mind-Brain Problem,...
due to the subjective and holistic character of mental
phenomena; in fact, it is not yet clear what would count as an adequate model for explaining the mental in
terms of brain processes.
The sense of laws of nature that one
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/stoeg2-body.html - 5.1kb
12. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Shaking the Foundations: The Implication...
has given way to a more holistic approach to physical systems. See the EPR Paradox .
Most basic of all, the classical assumptions of continuity
and divisibility (that between any two points there is an infinite number of
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-obs/qmimp-body.html - 3.0kb
13. Divine Action Topic: Redhead, Michael. The Tangled Story of Nonlocalit...
either indeterminism or holistic nonseparability. The
author sees these as having important theological implications: indeterminism
is important for theories of divine action on particular occasions, while
holism is an anti- reductionist
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/redhe-body.html - 7.2kb
14. Divine Action Topic: Polkinghorne, John. Physical Process, Quantum Eve...
causality of an holistic
kind (active information). Perhaps the equations of classical physics are
downward emergent approximations of a more complex account of macroscopic
physics as well as upward
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/polki2-body.html - 8.0kb
15. Divine Action Topic: Polkinghorne, John. The Laws of Nature and the La...
and holistic laws must be combined in some way.
Polkinghornes proposal is
that, to our usual notions of upward emergence (which address the qualitative
novelty of mind and life), we must add downward
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/polki1-body.html - 6.8kb
16. Divine Action Topic: Peters, Ted. The Trinity In and Beyond Time."
, who draws on holistic principles to interpret eschatology . Such principles have important scientific as
well as theological warrant. Proleptic
eschatology adds to the whole/part dialectic of science the claim that the
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/peter2-body.html - 5.9kb