11. Divine Action Topic: Clayton, Philip. Tracing the Lines: Constraint an...
both classical theism and panentheism . theism asserts that the
world as it appears to us is real and that it has its origin in an ultimate
principle called spirit. The divine spirit is an active principle in this world
and is in many
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/clayt1-body.html - 7.4kb
12. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Natural Theology vs Theology of Nature
but that it renders theism more probable
link | Feedback | Contributed by:
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-outl/natur-body.html - 6.6kb
13. Divine Action Topic: Ward, Keith. God as a Principle of Cosmological E...
the realization of values. Theism can offer a comparable explanation of
nature, but its advantage lies in its combination of nomological and
axiological explanations. Theism is
thus the best possible intelligible explanation of the
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/keith-body.html - 5.6kb
14. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Key Figures and Developments in the Scie...
, who has been drawn towards theism by the
directions he has seen his scientific field take, and who has written of this
journey in books such as God and the New
and The Mind of God.
The second is the biologist Richard Dawkins ,
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-outl/keyfi-body.html - 7.2kb
15. Divine Action Topic: Lucas, John R. The Temporality of God."
God against both traditional theism and the difficulties raised
by relativity and quantum cosmology .
For Lucas, the temporality of God is essential if we are to claim that
God is personal and therefore conscious of the passage of time. Against
https://www.counterbalance.org/ctns-vo/lucas-body.html - 3.5kb
16. Resources: Bibliography for Russell on Cosmology
and Quentin Smith, Theism , ATheism and
Big Bang Cosmology (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1993).
"How should cosmology relate to theology?" in Peacocke , The Sciences and Theology in the Twentieth
https://www.counterbalance.org/reading/physbib-body.html - 7.6kb
17. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Cross-Explanatory Reductionism
As Ward shows, theism, which rejects these assumptions, operates on
presuppositions of a similarly metaphysical kind, and may be considered to be a
simpler and more comprehensive explanation of the universe as we find it.
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-redu/cross-body.html - 4.7kb
18. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Ongoing Debate on Critical Realism a...
close to the core beliefs of theism . Roger Trigg dismisses critical realism as no more than a vague umbrella
So critical realism, as a way of thinking
about the claims of either science and theology, or science alone, is
https://www.counterbalance.org/ghc-outl/ongoi-body.html - 4.6kb
19. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 5. Contemporary Cosmology and Creatio ex Nihilo
Lane & Quentin Smith. Theism , ATheism,
and Big Bang Cosmology . New York: Oxford University Press, 1995.
Drees , Willem B. Beyond the Big Bang, Quantum
Cosmologies and God . La Salle, IL: Open Court, 1990.
https://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/conte2-body.html - 3.7kb
20. General Term: Physicalist
contrasted with idealism , theism , or some form of
by: Dr. Christopher Southgate
https://www.counterbalance.org/gengloss/physi-body.html - 2.3kb