1. Genetics Topic: Democratizing Decision Making Relating to Biotechnology
deCODE Genetics (Iceland)
In 1997, Kari Stefansson, native of Iceland and Geneticist
formerly at Harvard, founded deCODE Genetics in Reykjavik – www.decode.is
deCODE Genetics is a subsidiary of deCODE
http://www.counterbalance.org/iftm/demdec-body.html - 64.6kb
2. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 3. Ethical Issues in Genetic Engineering
3. Ethical Issues in Genetic Engineering
Bruce, Donald. Engineering Genesis: The Ethics of
Genetic Engineering in Non-Human Animals . London: Earthscan, 1998.
Bryant, John & John Searle. Life in Our Hands: A
http://www.counterbalance.org/mdxbib/ethic-body.html - 5.8kb
3. General Term: Genetic Engineering
Genetic Engineering Alteration
of an organism's Genetic, or hereditary, material to eliminate undesirable
characteristics or to produce desirable new ones. Genetic Engineering is used to
increase plant and animal food production; to
http://www.counterbalance.org/biogloss/ge-body.html - 2.1kb
4. Event: Genetic Engineering and Food for the World (New York 2001)
Genetic Engineering and Food for the World (New York 2001) January 2001, New York
Serving the Constituencies of a New Technology: An Ethical Critique
http://www.counterbalance.org/events/ny201-body.html - 1.8kb
5. Genetics Topic: Science, Politics and Ethics of Cloning and Genetic Engineer...
and Ethics of Cloning and Genetic Engineering : Who will Decide the Future of Humankind? Lee Silver , Professor, Princeton University
AAAS Report on
Evanston Seminary Stem-Cell Colloquy
http://www.counterbalance.org/iftm/silver-body.html - 4.6kb
6. Genetics Topic: Issues For the Millennium: Cloning and Genetic Technologies ...
Re-engineering Creation: Theological Reservations Concerning Genetic Technology:
Dr. Preston Williams , Professor, Harvard Divinity School
http://www.counterbalance.org/iftm/index-body.html - 25.6kb
7. Event: Issues for the Millennium: Cloning and Genetic Technologies (Boston ...
Natural-Law Approach to Genetic Technologies
Ethics Panel Discussion
World is Our Parish...So...?
Re-engineering Creation: Theological
http://www.counterbalance.org/events/iftm-body.html - 15.8kb
8. Interview: Ted Peters
QUESTION: Opponents of genetic engineering have often argued that messing with our genes, genetic engineering, is a
kind of hubristic "playing God". But you also disagree with that. Why?
DR. PETERS: Well, the phrase "playing
http://www.counterbalance.org/transcript/ted-body.html - 21.5kb
9. Genetics Topic: Modified Natural-Law Approach to Genetic Technologies
Criterion for Exploring Genetic
Â“What nature does in the
evolutionary process, human beings ought to do also, as we are able.Â”
Licenses Genetic experimentation and therapy while closely
http://www.counterbalance.org/iftm/ww-body.html - 12.9kb
10. Interview: 'Faith and Reason' Transcript
religious arguments against genetic engineering are often
DR. COLLINS: To say that genetic engineering is unacceptable across the board because of its potential for creating
some ethical dilemmas is the most unethical stance of all.
http://www.counterbalance.org/transcript/margaret-body.html - 54.5kb