- Ph.D. in History and Philosophy of Science from The University of
Maryland, USA, in 1986.
- M.A. in History and Philosophy of Science from University of Notre Dame,
USA, in 1980.
- M.Sc. in Physics from Patna University in 1972.
- B.Sc. Honours in Physics from St. Xavier's College, Ranchi, Ranchi
University, in 1969.
- B.Ph. (Bachelor of Philosophy) from Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, in 1975.
- B.Th. (Bachelor of Theology) from Vidya Jyoti, Delhi, in 1978.
- Professor in Philosophy of Science, Cosmology, Hume, Science and Religion
and Basic Science from 1986 to the present at Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- Visiting Professor of Philosophy of Science at Loyola University of
Chicago, USA, in 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994.
- The Discovery of Kepler's Laws: The Interaction of Science, Philosophy,
and Religion. Notre Dame, U.S.A: University of Notre Dame Press, 1994.
- (Ed.) Interactions and Interpretation: Philosophical Reflections on
Science, Religion, and Hermeneutics in Honour of Fr. De Smet, S.J., and Fr.
de Marneffe, S.J. New Delhi: Intercultural Publications, 1997.
- (Ed.) Contemporary Science and Religion in Dialogue: Challenges and
Opportunities. Pune: ASSR Publications, 2002.
Awards and Recognitions
- The Discovery of Kepler's Laws: The Interaction of Science, Philosophy and
Religion named Outstanding Academic Book of the Year 1994 by Choice
- Member, Indian National Commission for the History of Science, Indian
National Science Academy, from 1999 to the present.
- Deen Tarini Gold Medal for securing the highest marks among all the
graduating students of the University of Ranchi in 1969.
- National Merit Scholarship from the Government of India, 1969-
- Tuition Scholarship from University of Notre Dame, U.S.A., 1978-1980.
- Teaching Assistant Scholarship from University of Maryland, College Park,
- Inclusion in the 14th Edition of Marquis Who's Who in the World.
- Inclusion in the 26th Edition of Dictionary of International Biography.
To return to previous topic, click on your browser's 'Back' button.